Monday, February 16, 2009

What a week!

Silly Layla & 3 weeks
Brian's Family & I
Brian's Parents ( my fav. pic of the day)
It was soo windy & cold @ Sunset!

Aww Man! 
It was soo busy last week. First off, Brian's parents came a visited Layla all the way from Chicago. It was such a nice trip! They fell in love with Layla! I had so much fun even though it was so exhausting.  We went everywhere! Brian's mom brought Layla a whole suitcase full of baby clothes. I still have to hang them all up. They took us shopping at Cosco and Layla didn't enjoy that very much she freaked out! Poor Lay Lay! So I took her to the car and feed her. They ended up renting a car because we had soo much stuff. Layla loved spending time with Grandma & Grandpa. It was nice to spend some alone time with them. Well  the baby & I. I think it was the first time we have spent alone time together in the almost 5 years Brian & I have been together. I think we REALLY connected and I am really happy about that. *sigh of relief*! Anywho, we went house shopping most of the week. They put 3 offers down on some places but I don't think any of them will work out. I hope we find something soon. Pray for us!
They helped us out so much with Layla. They watched her while we napped. It was nice. They treated us to lunch & dinner every nite. They cooked most meals & it was nice to have a home cooked meal! We don't have the time for that anymore. His mom washed the dishes and kept everything tidey. How I miss them already! It was soo weird waking up on Sunday morning. Brian & I both felt like we had to meet them. 
Layla had her first breast milk bottle & did great. She didn't get confused at all thank goodness! 
Brian's sister also came out for the weekend. It was good to see her as well. Even though it was a short trip. 
On Valentines day was Pam's (Brian's mom) birthday so we went and had some Sushi. It was also Layla's first trip to the beach! We got some great pictures.
Layla had a lot of firsts this week  & she did wonderful. She slept most of the time in the van. She loved the ride. 
Brian's jeep kinda broke down on him on his parents first day here. But thank goodness they were here!  I knew it was going to. I think being a mom has given me a sixth sense I swear! I also have sonic hearing. 
I have so much cleaning to do. The laundry is piling up like crazy! But we got 3 loads done yesterday. I have to put those away as well. 
I better get to cleaning! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww! i love reading your blogs apryl! i love hearing about you & your beautiful family! i miss you to peices! i am so happy to see that everything is going so well & you're as happy as can be! i really hope to see you & layla soon!

- Justine <3